PCC Aérostructures Dorval Inc., formerly part of Héroux Devtek, is capable of manufacturing parts measuring up to 100 feet in length. Supported by an array of suppliers, we can also deliver complete assemblies, sub-assemblies, and kits.
The facility is located in Montreal, just a few miles from the Pierre-Elliott Trudeau International Airport. Built in 2000, our state-of-the-art, 77,000 square foot plant specializes in a complete line of precision machined structural components and assemblies, from simple aluminum parts to large 5-axis components. With the capability of doing assembly work, we are well positioned to fulfill the increasing demand of prime contractors for ready-to-install structural sub-assemblies. The facility has several large gantry machines with bed lengths up to 210 feet.
PCC Aérostructures Dorval delivers products and services to major OEM's such as Bombardier, Bell Helicopter Textron, Lockheed-Martin Aeronautics, UTC Aerospace Systems, Boeing and Northrop Grumman on all major programs.
PCC Aérostructures Dorval Inc. has developed a sound reputation for high-quality manufacturing, on-time delivery, and quick responses to customer needs. All employees are focused on achieving unparalleled service for our clients.
Héroux-Devtek's aerostructures operations were acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in July, 2012.
- High Speed Machining (33,000 RPM)
- 5-Axis High Speed Machining of Large Aluminum Airframe Components (Spars, Ribs, Keel Beams, and Bulkheads) up to 157.5 x 59 x 39 in (4.0 x 1.5 x 1 m)
- Long Bed Machining - Gantry (20,000 RPM)
- 5-Axis, 3 spindles High Speed Machining of Large Aluminum Airframe Components (Spars, Skins, Frames, and Bulkheads) up to 1,200 x 120 in (30 x 3 m)
- Assembly, Cold Work, and Kitting
Metallic Assembly Core Competencies:
- Typical assemblies include multiple machined details, bearings, bushings, sheet metal components and miscellaneous hardware
- Monolithic and complex multi-component assemblies
- Assembly mechanic ownership for product quality
Structural Assembly Core Competencies:
- Large floor based jig assembly
- In-house qualification of Final Acceptance Jigs (FAJ)
- Precise part-to-part fit requirements
Products & Services
PCC Aérostructures Dorval's long-standing reputation of excellence is based on proven technical ingenuity and extensive experience in precision manufacturing. Highly-skilled machinists and toolmakers use a broad selection of modern CNC and conventional machine tools. Qualified technical staff is enhanced by CAD/CAM systems, providing all capabilities in CNC programming on CATIA V5.
- Manufacture of aluminium aircraft structural components
- Manufacture and engineering of components & structural aircraft sub-assemblies
- 5-axis complex machining
- Production processes configured to provide for customization, precision, flexibility, and on-time delivery
Quality & Approvals
PCC Aérostructures Dorval Inc. employees are committed to providing quality products and services to exceed customers' demanding expectations. Employees are trained in the processes being performed and through implementation of an effective quality system, work in an environment geared to continuous improvement.
Quality planning, statistical process control and modern verification and test methods ensure that the precise product specifications are met.
- ISO 9001
123 Avro Street
Dorval, Québec Canada H9P 2Y9