Now known as PCC Aerostructures Auburn, the kitting, assembly, and integration center originally formed through the 1999 merger of Bumstead Manufacturing, Inc. (founded in 1966) and Hansen Machine Corporation (founded in 1973) to become Primus International. During that pivotal year when Primus took flight, Bumstead Manufacturing was also awarded Boeing Supplier of the Year.
After Primus International was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp., Primus Auburn, GCM North American Aerospace and Compass Aerospace Northwest all merged to become PCC Aerostructures Auburn.
The site is a center of excellence for hard metal machining and door assembly.
Precision Castparts Corp. acquired Primus International in August, 2011
- High Speed Machining (10,000 RPM)
- 3, 4, & 5-Axis Medium/Complex Aluminum and Hard Metal Machining up to 59 x 55 x 55 in (1,498 x 1,397 x 1,397 mm)
- Medium/Complex Structural & Mechanical Assembly
- Kitting and Integration
- Global Supply Chain Management
Products & Services
- Entry and Exit Door Assemblies
- Flap Carriages
- Engine Hanger Links
- Titanium Wing-to-Body Joint Fittings
- Titanium Ribs (Flap)
- Flap Tracks under 60”
- Auxiliary Tracks
- APU Inlets
- Titanium Shear Ties / Stanchions / Splice Plates
- Titanium and Nickel Links
701 Milwaukee Ave N
Algona, WA 98001